[X4U] Aggravatingly slow beach ball

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sat Oct 31 19:08:52 PDT 2009

On Oct 31, 2009, at 7:54 AM, Ed Gould wrote:

> Been there done that a few times. While the things you mention are
> worthy of doing (and indeed should be done) they have not helped me.

Have done every single one of them Ed?

Forgive me, but I know how stubborn you are.  I'd be willing to bet
that you have not followed though with all of them because you
somehow thought that they were unnecessary.

If you truly performed all of them, then you have to start worrying
about a hardware problem.  Bad RAM is the most likely culprit, and
the only sure way to test for bad RAM is to fall back to known good
RAM.  A failing hard drive is another possibility.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html