[X4U] X4U Digest, Vol 61, Issue 3

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Fri Sep 11 12:06:49 PDT 2009

On 9/11/09, "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh at aracnet.com> wrote:

> Since we seem to be back online what are peoples impressions of 10.6?
> I'm considering upgrading my wife to 10.6 on her Mac Book, though if
> I do I'll likely wait till 10.6.2 or .3 is out.
>
> Also is anyone running 10.6 and Adobe Creative Suite Premium CS3?
> I'm most interested in any problems with Photoshop CS3 Extended and
> 10.6.  I don't plan to upgrade to CS4, as I am waiting on CS5, but
> hope to upgrade from my G5 2x2 to a Mac Pro in the next few months
> which will mean running 10.6.

Welcome back! Apparently, someone woke up and fixed the issues with all the
macintoshguy.com lists.

I beta-tested it, so I've been running since October. Most things are snappier;
however, I'm not enamored with the crappy white on black docksposé stuff, nor
the change WRT contextual menus. Strongly suggest reading
<http://arstechnica.com/apple/reviews/2009/08/mac-os-x-10-6.ars> for a good
take on SL.

Can't answer the ACS query, since I don't have it.