[X4U] Leopard Install from retail version

John Erdman jperdman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 08:55:07 PDT 2010

I have the retail version of Leopard install DVD that I had used on this computer (Intel iMac).  I've upgraded to S.L via a retail package, and no longer use Leopard.

My wife just bought MobileME for use with her iMac G5 and finds she must upgrade from Tiger to Leopard 10.5.8.

Will I be able to use my retail version of the 10.5.1 install with her computer? Do I need to "unregister" my Intel iMac to be able to use it on my wife's computer?

If I'm able to do that can I assume that I'll be able to upgrade to 10.5.8 via the Apple Support download updates.

Thanks,
John