[X4U] Leopard Install from retail version

John Erdman jperdman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 10:22:54 PDT 2010

Hi Neil -

	Thanks for the prompt response.  I now have Leopard 10.5.1 installed on the iMac G5. I too, rarely use anything but but the "stand-alone" software update downloads from Apple.  But now I am unable to get make any of the upgrades work on the G5 with the newly installed OS X 10.5.1. (Remember that I have done these very updates before on this computer)

I have tried both the Software Update... route and about three of the applicable standalone updates. They seem to all hang up as the Installer app starts to work. None of my attempts have gotten even to the first window where I usually have the opportunity to tell it to "Continue".  I do see in a couple of places that the installer app is not responding.

Searching the Apple discussion lists so far hasn't turned up anything..

Any thoughts?

Thanks
John