[X4U] One month delay

zapcat zapcat at speakeasy.net
Wed Apr 14 09:01:52 PDT 2010

On Apr 14, 2010, at 8:45 AM, Paul Moortgat wrote:

> From our newspapers:
> The international iPad version will be a month later.  The demand
> in the US is just to big.
> Apple probably doesn't care about the delay in Israel.

well to be fair, Apple hasn't always successfully predicted the
demand for their products. I don't recall specifics, but they have
under-produced runaway successes, and over produced flops. I think
the Cube and 20th C Mac are 2 examples of over-produced flops.
(Despite the fact that they were good, if overpriced, computers).

with the return of Jobs they've gotten better...I don't recall a new
product of theirs which has flopped..

what absolutely baffles me is how a product like the iPad can be such
a huge hit in an economy with a sucking chest wound.

no matter HOW cool it is.

zc