[X4U] iTunes password

Kirk McElhearn kirkmc at mac.com
Fri Aug 6 09:29:53 PDT 2010

On Aug 6, 2010, at 6:26 PM, Paul Moortgat wrote:

> It's on the iPad.  I'm specially surprised that I even get that question.  Does nobody else get this?

You say you give the password for the Mac. I don't see how that would have any effect on an iPad. I'm assuming you mean you are getting asked for a password for the iTunes Store, and this occurs when you are downloading apps or books…

As for it being wrong, I make lots of typing mistakes on my iPad.

> Paul Moortgat
>

> On 06 Aug 2010, at 18:19, Kirk McElhearn wrote:
>

>> On Aug 6, 2010, at 6:18 PM, Paul Moortgat wrote:
>>
>>> Now and then when I'm busy with our iPad, I need to give a password for iTunes.  Is this normal, and which password should I give?
>>> I only give the password for the Mac.  Sometimes it seems to be accepted and other times I get a notice that the password is invalid?
>>> What's wrong?
>>
>> For iTunes? You mean on your Mac, or on the iPad?
>>
>> Maybe it's wrong because you make a typing mistake? I do that often enough...

Kirk

Author of: The Mac OS X Command Line: Unix Under the Hood
http://www.mcelhearn.com/unix.html