[X4U] Busy Time Machine

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Sat Aug 7 18:26:33 PDT 2010

It's probably SpotLight indexing the contents of the Time Machine drive . . .you can turn it off in System Preferences by adding the external drive to the Privacy tab.

On Aug 7, 2010, at 5:57 PM, James Hurley wrote:

> I have just implemented Time Machine on my Mac 10,5,8
>
> There is a great deal of activity on the external HD after the hourly back up is completed.
>
> What is going on? Is it indexing the newly stored files? Can I stop this?

There are only three kinds of stress; your basic nuclear stress, cooking stress, and A$$hole stress. The key to their relationship is Jello.

neil