[X4U] Any sort of Benchmarks for new Mac Pro's?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Mon Aug 9 19:55:55 PDT 2010

Are there any sort of benchmarks available for the new Mac Pro's yet?
The info I've found on the Apple website is worse than worthless.  I
already know I can't afford a top of the line 12-core model.

The only thing I've been able to dig up on the web is the following site.
http://macperformanceguide.com/index.html

I'm shocked to see that I'm seriously thinking about a 6-core
3.33Ghz, in spite of the cost of getting it past 8GB RAM.  My plan
had been for the low-end dual cpu model since it is so much cheaper
to get it to 16GB of RAM.  I have 7GB on my dual 2Ghz G5 PowerMac,
and that is not enough.

BTW, they timed getting these available perfectly.  As of Saturday my
PowerMac will only boot in "Safe Mode", and I've ruled out my HD's
and RAM. :-(

Zane

| healyzh at aracnet.com              | OpenVMS Enthusiast         |
|                                  | Photographer               |