[X4U] Any sort of Benchmarks for new Mac Pro's?

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Fri Aug 13 14:09:28 PDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 09:37:34AM CDT, Zane H. Healy <healyzh at aracnet.com> wrote:

> It also brings up an interesting question.  Is the "Turbo-Boost"
> feature new to the current model?  The Intel link seems to indicate
> it is, but when I was researching the Mac Pro right after the new
> models were released the Apple website seemed to indicate the 2009
> model had this feature.  A bit confusing.

Turbo Boost has been out since late 2008, around the same time Intel
published a white paper on the subject.

<http://download.intel.com/design/processor/applnots/320354.pdf?iid=tech_tb+paper>

So I think it's a feature that's been around for a while but is starting
to receive Apple's marketing glitz.

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/