[X4U] Mac Pro RAM question

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Sun Aug 15 18:25:59 PDT 2010

On Aug 15, 2010, at 3:38 PM, Russell McGaha wrote:

> Zane;
> 	For the BEST performance you need the 'pairs' to be matched.
>
> Russell

According to MacTracker and Datamem.com all of the Mac Pro models have
4 or 8 RAM sockets. By my thoughts, it would be better to install RAM
in matched pairs to get the best performance from them. That means
that you would install equal value modules in the matching sockets in
each bank, ie: Equal value modules in sockets A-1 and B-1 and the same
for each pair of sockets until you run out of space or money.

I am wondering how you came to understand that either 3 or 6 RAM
modules would be recommended.