[X4U] Mac Pro RAM question

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Mon Aug 16 06:57:46 PDT 2010

Here is the info on the CPU's, and they list them all as having three
memory channels.  I've yet to see any details on the chipset used in
the new systems.  It's not easy finding any *real* info on them. :-(
http://ark.intel.com/Compare.aspx?ids=41313,39721,47917,40200,47925,47922,47920,

Zane

At 5:38 PM +1000 8/16/10, Christopher Collins wrote:
>Actually, the chipset used in the new Mac Pros (H55) I believe uses
>pairs or memory modules, not triples.
>
>Depends on the chipset what is required.
>
>cjc
>

>On 16/08/2010, at 11:59 AM, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>
>  > While they have 4 slots in a single CPU model, and 8 slots in the
>dual CPU model, they are designed such that you have 'triple channel
>memory'.  Putting 4 or 8 sticks in works, but you degrade your
>performance.
>  >
>  > Zane

| healyzh at aracnet.com              | OpenVMS Enthusiast         |
|                                  | Photographer               |