[X4U] No sidebar in finder windows

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Fri Aug 20 16:10:00 PDT 2010

Put ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist in the trash.
Close all open Finder Windows.
Restart.
Open a new Finder window, then using View set the status of pathbar, statusbar, sidebar, and toolbar as desired. Do nothing else in the window.
Close the window; this will write a new plist file with preferences set to what the recently closed window had.

On Aug 20, 2010, at 6:45 PM, Allan Rube wrote:

> I suddenly lost the sidebars in finder windows when I do a “new finder window” command. If I double-click on a folder it opens with the sidebar.
>
> My finder preferences seem o.k. I restarted. I thought there might be a finder preference file I could trash but I could not find one.
>
> Anything else to try.

There are only three kinds of stress; your basic nuclear stress, cooking stress, and A$$hole stress. The key to their relationship is Jello.

neil