[X4U] Apple Mail problem

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Thu Aug 26 13:25:50 PDT 2010

On Aug 26, 2010, at 3:06 PM, Murray E. Milligan wrote:

> I've noticed quite a lot lately when I leave my mail program running
> in the background, I start to receive these annoying windows popping
> up telling me to
> insert my password for my account. I cancel this window, then
> instruct mail to go back online and download my mail which it dows.

I seem to remember this being due to slow server responses. If Mail
tries to check with a server and doesn't get a response in a
reasonable time, it throws up a "couldn't connect to server" box
asking for a password. You hit cancel, tell it to try again and if the
server responds soon enough, it downloads the email and all is good...
Until it happens again.

-Mike