[X4U] iPad news

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Tue Feb 2 15:37:39 PST 2010

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Randy B. Singer wrote:

> On Feb 2, 2010, at 10:13 AM, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>
>       I'd be interested in knowing what you base the claim that Apple
>       was the
>
>       driving force away from SCSI and floppy drives.
>

> Only about a million articles that I've read that say so.

I can understand Floppy Drives, but anyone that claims Apple had anything
serious to do with moving people off of SCSI doesn't know what they're
talking about.  SCSI always was primarily in Servers and High-end
workstations.  Apple was just a drop in the bucket.

BTW, I don't agree the floppy claim, that was more CD-R/RW and flash drives,
BUT, Apple showed you could build computers without floppy drives.

Zane