[X4U] Firewire Drive Recommendations?

Mr. Michael J. Prevost mprevost at innovative-as.com
Tue Feb 9 07:54:08 PST 2010

> From: Joe Sporleder <joe at wacondatrader.com>
> Subject: [X4U] Firewire Drive Recommendations?
>
> I had an Iomega 1TB USB2, Firewire 400/800 drive that I had been hanging off a Mac mini Snow Leopard Server as Time Machine backup for about 6 workstations. It has crapped out on me for the 2nd time in the last year and a 1/2. Any recommendations for a particular Firewire 800 drive - 1-2TB in capacity, that would do a good job as a Time Machine backup drive for about 6 workstations?
>
> Joe

I've had great success with Acomdata products for my home systems and in my office. I'm currently using the ProDrive Dual model for my work laptop, which has USB2.0 and Firewire 400/800 interfaces with two 1TB drives in the enclosure. It's fast and reliable. The fan noise is a tad loud but it has a great price point at around $240 for 2TB.

http://www.acomdata.com/app/stx.productdetail.asp?did=48

Mike