[X4U] NETGEAR MBRN3300E 3G Wireless Router

LaL lalicata at alum.rpi.edu
Tue Feb 9 13:22:16 PST 2010

Dave,
I am looking for one device to use on a boat, where I can put the
antenna in a clear line of sight of a 3 G tower / wi-fi source, and
yet have the computer in the salon, probably not close to the line-of-
source position...

Might there be an better solution?
Lee

Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 11:00:44 -0500
From: Dave <69abel at gmail.com>
It's a router, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Though
the thought of using a 3G connection shared between multiple
computers/devices makes me shiver. The data rates are never as good
as one would hope, and with bandwidth caps potentially being very
low, the overage fees could be substantial. That said, if it is your
only option for a broadband connection, then it is your only option.

Dave