[X4U] DVD to iPhone

Bernard Munter bmunter at netspace.net.au
Sun Feb 14 23:22:58 PST 2010

On 15/02/10 165710, "Conlon Brett" <brettnlis at bigpond.com> wrote:

> Sounds smashingly easy! I look forward to giving it a whirl...
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 15/02/2010, at 12:15, puterwhiz at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Convert the to M4V files using HandBrake, then import them into
>> iTunes.
>>
>> Ken
>>

>> On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 2:01 PM, Conlon Brett
>> <brettnlis at bigpond.com> wrote:
>> Heyho,
>>
>> I have a number of shows I have captured on my DVD recorder and
>> would like to watch them on the way to work in the train. After
>> they're burned to DVD I'm looking for a good solution (free if
>> possible) to get them onto my iPhone.

I take it that the DVDs it burns are 'standard' DVD-R or the equivalent.
Handbrake makes doing just what you want a doddle, whether it be from a
physical DVD, a UDF Bridge DVD image, a VIDEO_TS folder or whatever.

A DVD-RAM, as some DVD recorders can write, is a different proposition which
I have never investigated due to the lack of suitable drive.