[X4U] iPad news

Dave 69abel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 13:03:40 PST 2010

I agree, it does look interesting. Interesting in that I hope they will bring some of the features of the iPad OS to the iPhone OS. The hardware is impressive, but personally I'm not in the market for such a device. It doesn't have enough features at this time. The second or third generation might be of more interest to me, similar to how the 2G iPhone has evolved over time into the 3GS iPhone (good enough to buy, but still lacking in some aspects).

I must admit that I am getting frustrated with some of the OS limitations. Other (lesser) devices can multitask, but not the iPhone or iPad? I and many others have jailbroken our iPhones and had no issues with multitasking, so I know it can be done with the hardware. Why does Apple restrict this? Are we not smart enough to multitask? Or are they artificially restricting the abilities of these devices to prevent cannibalizing sales of MacBooks or iMacs? Maybe they DID learn from the Newton...

Dave