[X4U] iPad is from Fujitsu

zapcat zapcat at speakeasy.net
Thu Jan 28 09:56:56 PST 2010

On Jan 28, 2010, at 9:56 AM, Paul Moortgat wrote:

> Maybe like 'iPhone' where they settled outside court with Cisco
> Systems.

your referring to the origin of those names?

important to note that before Jobs unveiled the iMac, there was no i-
anything...

not only did it spawn oceans full of lookalike products, but suddenly
other manufacturers grasped the cool of the "i-naming" convention.

I must say, this iPad thing is pretty compelling, even for  a first
generation  product...from my view, it spanks all other similar
products silly in both elegance and ease of use...

I wonder whether or to what extent iPad will cannibalize iPod
sales...why have "just" iPod functions when for about the same amount
of dough you can have that plus far more?

nice work, jobs!

zc