[X4U] iPad news

zapcat zapcat at speakeasy.net
Thu Jan 28 12:16:34 PST 2010

On Jan 28, 2010, at 12:12 PM, Jesse Leo wrote:

> But wait, I think I'm missing one important point - doesn't the
> iPad need to be "married" to (and sync with) a Mac in the same way
> that an iPhone or iPod does? So it really could never replace a
> Mac, just compliment one - correct?

that's an outstanding point. I'm sure that Mr. Jobs wants windows and
linux users to drop change on iPads, too..

They didn't sell 250 Million iPods by being Mac-only.

If unable to "sync," perhaps an iPad can share files in the sense of
producing files which other platforms can use?  Perhaps you beam
things up to the mothership using the iPad's WIFI connection,
download them later on your platform of choice.

...or, maybe wifi-less iPads can sneakernet their files by way of
flash drives.

zc