[X4U] iPad news

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Fri Jan 29 09:53:28 PST 2010

There are a couple of SSH clients for iPhones already . . .one would imagine they'll be updated to take advantage of the larger screen.  And it might already have a USB port sort of. The camera connection kit includes a dongle with a USB port and while nominally it might only talk to a camera . . .I saw a post that indicated the dongle looked more like a connector converter only so maybe that would allow you to plug in a thumb drive for transfer or perhaps a USB CF card reader. That's a lot of decent questions that weren't covered yesterday . . .I imagine we'll see some more details in the next week or three.

On Jan 28, 2010, at 4:36 PM, Zane H. Healy wrote:

> My guess is single user.  Though honestly, I'd be checking my email on this via the Web or ssh most likely.  Which brings up an interesting question from my standpoint, does it offer an ssh client?
>
> This device comes real close to being something I would buy and use. For me the major issue is the lack of a USB port.  Forget this nonsense of a docking port connector, give it a USB connection!

There are only three kinds of stress; your basic nuclear stress, cooking stress, and A$$hole stress. The key to their relationship is Jello.

neil