[X4U] iPad news

Nick Scalise nickscalise at cox.net
Fri Jan 29 11:21:17 PST 2010

---- Michael Winter <winter at mac.com> wrote:

> I really thought Apple was moving away from the proprietary cable/
> connector idea. Get rid of the "keyboard dock" and everything else and
> put in a couple USB ports.

That would be silly. How would other devices communicate with it then?

Do you know how many pieces of hardware connect with the dock connector to add some sort of external function?

Plus, in their last release or maybe the one before, they made it so that the iPod could control other company's hardware. Think barcode scanners, medical devices, testing devices, the possibilities are endless.

To get rid of a smart connector and replace with dumb usb ports would be corporate suicide.

--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at cox.net