[X4U] iPad news

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Sat Jan 30 06:12:31 PST 2010

What you're missing (mostly, in my opinion) is the ability to use other music apps in the background like Pandora, et. al. I won't be surprised at all if multitasking either makes it all the way into v4.0 of the OS or if there's some ability to choose apps that can do it on an individual basis. Like you . . .the vast majority of apps on the iPhone don't really need multitasking . . .you're not going to be doing navigating while simultaneously using the level app to install your pictures straight . . .but you might want the ability to listen to music beyond the iPod function while doing other things.

On Jan 29, 2010, at 6:35 PM, Rod Buchanan wrote:

> What is the big deal about multitasking?  I've owned three iPod Touches and the lack of multitasking has never been an issue to me.  I plays music in the background, fetches email, ...
>
> Maybe it would be handy on the iPhone, I don't have/can't use one.  It'll be a cold day in Hell when AT&T finally makes their way where I live.
>
> So what am I missing WRT multitasking?

There are only three kinds of stress; your basic nuclear stress, cooking stress, and A$$hole stress. The key to their relationship is Jello.

neil