[X4U] Home Server Question

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sat Jan 30 13:42:24 PST 2010

At 4:31 PM -0500 1/30/10, Neil Laubenthal wrote:
>The Drobo (and it's big brother the Pro) are nice . . .but so far I
>don't need the drive space so I'm leaving that until later.

The Drobo with a FW800 connection makes for a nice backup device.  As
insane as it sounds, I've also moved the Photoshop swap space on my
G5 2x2 over to it.

In your case you would either need DroboShare for a Drobo, or a
DroboPro.  Though I think that Mac Mini server with a Drobo would be
a very nice option.

Zane