[X4U] iPad news

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Sun Jan 31 10:22:17 PST 2010

It's unclear whether the USB connection on the camera adapter will work for a  drive or thumb stick as well as a camera. I think a camera just mounts as a drive when you connect it via USB . . .so I would think the camera adapter could also take a portable USB drive or a thumb stick . . .making getting photos/documents in/out easier.

There are just so many details we need to know about that couldn't possibly be answered in 90 minutes.

Clearly the the dock to USB cable (same as an iPhone or iPod) allows the iPad to be connected to a Mac or PC . . .what we're talking about is whether the dock USB camera adapter allows other USB devices to be connected to the iPad.

On Jan 31, 2010, at 11:36 AM, Marc Stergionis wrote:

> I'm confused. Can see from the photos that there is no bank of ports on the iPad, but Apple's site on the Tech  Specs page lists In the box: Dock connector to USB cable. Is that not a USB connection?

There are only three kinds of stress; your basic nuclear stress, cooking stress, and A$$hole stress. The key to their relationship is Jello.

neil