[X4U] Is the /usr/local directories installed when XCode are not.

Tommy Bollman tommyb06 at student.uia.no
Tue Jul 13 05:03:08 PDT 2010

Hello.

I wonder if any of you guys have  the  /usr/local/  directories  if  XCode tools are not installed.

a.) You shouldn't get up a program icon, or be able to start XCode from spotlight.
b.) if you type ls -ld /usr/local then there should be nothing.

I really need to figure this out, because I have asked a user to create some directories below /usr/local.

As swift reply would be nice because the matter is urgent. (Maybe she destroyed the /usr/local while trying to create the subfolder)

Thanks
Best regards

Tommy Bollman
Mollison's Bureaucracy Hypothesis:
	If an idea can survive a bureaucratic review
	and be implemented it wasn't worth doing.