[X4U] July 27 Hardware Announcements!

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Tue Jul 27 14:13:26 PDT 2010

I'm disappointed by the lack of details on the Mac Pro.  In fact the
website for it appears to have a mixture of the old and the new model
info up.  The store portion of the website doesn't have any
information on it, still having the old info.

I'm not planning on getting the display, but I am planning on a Mac
Pro to replace my Rev.0 dual 2Ghz G5 PowerMac (nearly 7 years old).
I'm looking for specifics on the differences between the new models
and the old ones.  Honestly I don't see a big change.

I will want to play with a trackpad in the store before I decide on
that, but as I currently use an Apple Extended II ADB keyboard, and
an IBM USB mouse, the odds are against it.  I know what works for me,
and I'm my hands are comfortable with them.  The current keyboards
look even worse than what came with my G5, though not as bad as the
iMac keyboard and hocky puck that came with my G4/450.

Zane

At 3:10 PM -0500 7/27/10, Joe Sporleder wrote:
>I've been checking out the new hardware that Apple has announced
>today. Any comments from the list? What do you think?
>
>http://www.apple.com/imac/
>http://www.apple.com/macpro/
>http://www.apple.com/displays/
>http://www.apple.com/magictrackpad/

| healyzh at aracnet.com              | OpenVMS Enthusiast         |
|                                  | Photographer               |