[X4U] Numbers

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Fri Jul 30 05:03:38 PDT 2010

Strange . . .that is the correct way to enter the formula and it works for me. I have no idea what the red arrow means. I put the following in E2

=
click D2
*14%
hit return key

Also works with .14 or 14/100

On Jul 30, 2010, at 5:26 AM, Roy v.d. Westhuizen wrote:

> Hi There, can anyone help me with a reference to a source for learning numbers. I don't find Help very helpful. How  does one do basic formulas in Numbers? I am trying to enter a formula to obtain a VAT amount. In E2 I press = > click in D2 > enter either *14% or /100*14. This is what I always did in Excel. Now I get a red up arrow.

There are only three kinds of stress; your basic nuclear stress, cooking stress, and A$$hole stress. The key to their relationship is Jello.

neil