[X4U] Missing track numbers in iTunes Library

Cheryl Homiak cahomiak at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 23:10:22 PDT 2010

Well, I'm sitting here looking at some of the files whose track numbers didn't transfer into iTunes. They show up in Musorg just fine, first the track number, then artist, title, album, genre, and the filename. The ones I'm looking at right now are ogg files; I'm using xiphqt and the files add to the library, other information seems to transfer fine except just the track number, and they play. I don't think it's because they are ogg files that the track number isn't showing up in iTunes because I believe the same thing happened with mp3 files that I had ripped originally in linux. sSince the track numbers show up fine in Musorg, I'm baffled as to why they don't show in iTunes. I've been slowly plodding away manually adding track numbers to album tracks but it would be nice if I could solve this and get them added without having to do all this work. Any further ideas? When I import a cd, the track numbers do appear.

--

Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,