[X4U] Mail 3.6 Image loading Problem

LaL lazilicata at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 11:36:30 PDT 2010

My thanks to those who helped me with my question about a keyboard
shortcut for zipping files.
New request for help
I am running Mail 3.6 on a 17" G4 powerPc Mac. I JUST upgraded from
10.4.11 to 10.5.8.
I am also running ClickToFlash 1.5.5  (to control when flash loads on
Safari) and Safari Cookies 1.4.1 for Safari.
All software is up to date.
My emails from companies like iFixit and many others now are
placeholders with "?" marks in them where my guess is image files
should be.
This was NOT happening when I was on 10.4.11
In mail preferences, I do have selected "Display remote images in HTML
messages" and my messages do appear to be rich text.
If Ido not check this box, the message is displayed with  blue bar
with a button asking me if I want to load images. if I do click on
that bottom, still there are no images.
I am also using Cocktail 4.6.2 to manage logs and weekly delete nearly
all caches. I also made sure that I am not viewing messages in plain
text and i also allow messages to display attachments. (These are
options in cocktail.)
I will admit that I did copy over from 10.4.11 the
"com.apple.mail.plist" as I did NOT want to go thru setting up all my
email accounts from scratch!
(For the record, I installed 10.5 after backup up my data to an
external drive and then wiping my internal drive and then doing a
clean "virgin" install. I then used the combo upgrade to get me to
10.5.8. I also have the latest java upgrades installed, and I have
repaired permissions and used disk warrior to make sure everything is
OK. )
I just cannot think of what to do next so any suggestions are welcomed.
Thanks in advance
Lee