[X4U] Can Microsoft Be Saved?

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Fri Jun 4 18:00:09 PDT 2010

On Jun 4, 2010, at 2:45 PM, zapcat wrote:

> I am looking forward now to seeing headlines containing the words:
> "Beleaguered Microsoft."

I'm an Apple fan and a Microsoft detractor, but it is ludicrous to
start predicting the demise of Microsoft at this point.  Microsoft
just reported a record quarter, their revenue is growing, and they
are on course to make a breathtaking $60 billion (with a "b") dollars
this year.
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2010/
apr10/04-22fy10q3earnings.mspx
or
http://is.gd/cu1AI
That Fool.com article completely ignores the fact that Microsoft
*owns* the business computing market (which is more lucrative than
any other computing market, including mobile), and it ignores the
existence and success
of Windows 7.

But there is no doubt that Microsoft's efforts in just about all of
the peripheral markets in which it competes have been big losers.
The thing is, none of these peripheral markets contribute that much
to Microsoft's bottom line anyway.  Microsoft's core business is
solid and wildly lucrative.

I fully agree that Balmer is a real liability for the company.  But I
doubt that even he can destroy the company.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html