[X4U] Probs with calculating folder sizes in Finder

Conlon Brett brettnlis at bigpond.com
Fri Jun 11 18:18:45 PDT 2010

G'day all,

Is it just me or is it a Mac OSX wide thing where if you have an empty folder somewhere inside a folder structure, the finder can't seem to calculate the total size of the containing folder?

For me, it's been like this since maybe 10.4 - definitely 10.5 and now 10.6.

If I Get Info to see what a folder's total size is and it doesn't produce any results - just sits there with "calculating size" - if I dig about inside the folder structure and remove any empty folders, the Info window can then happily display the total size pretty quickly.

It's a ROYAL PAIN and I'm hoping it's just me having this issue.

Chrz,

Cojcolds