[X4U] Probs with calculating folder sizes in Finder

Conlon Brett brettnlis at bigpond.com
Sat Jun 12 05:58:33 PDT 2010

Gee fangs Winston!  8-}

Well, you're right, it doesn't happen every time but I've found that when I can't get the size of a folder it'll have one or two empty folders in it and when I remove them the size value appears.

Perhaps there's something hidden in one of the folders but I've noticed this happen a few too many times to be a coincidence.

Anyone else had folders that wouldn't show the total size and you ended up just giving up on it?

It seems to happen more readily with large, more complicated folders but I've seen it with folders only a few levels deep.

I think I remember even seeing this on other Macs - other than my own, too, but if nobody else is seeing it then I'll have to mix more water in my drinks and get over it.

Chrz,

Coj