[X4U] Books on iPod Touch

Al Grappone alsan at speakeasy.net
Sun Jun 13 14:06:35 PDT 2010

On Jun 13, 2010, at 12:58, scott-xlists at scotist.com wrote:

> Turn internet sharing on, on the iMac. Use the wireless network
> created by the iMac to provide wireless to the iPod.

Thank you. I opened system pref and selected internet sharing. Share
your connection from is Built in Ethernet. Grayed out. To computers
using Airport. This is checked and grayed out. Click edit and get use
this name to reach computer from machines on your local subnet.

I have tried this on my touch setting . Network is on. When I type in
that name it cannot find network.
I have tried with touch connected to computer and not connected.
There must be a step I am missing. Need more help when you have the
time.

Al

Al Grappone (87) USN Ret  20" iMac OS X 10.5.8  2. 1 GHz ,PPCG5.  1GB
DDFR2 SDram memory, Mail 3.5.8,  iTunes9.1.1, iPhoto7.0.2,
iMovie7.0.1, Quicken2007 16.0.0, Epson Perfection 2450 Photo Scanner,
Canon iP5200 Photo Printer