[X4U] Mac Pro fresh updates?

zapcat zapcat at speakeasy.net
Wed Jun 16 19:05:51 PDT 2010

On Jun 16, 2010, at 4:41 PM, Zane H. Healy wrote:

> Of course realistically, as my current system is a Rev. 0 dual 2Ghz
> G5 with 7GB RAM, and 2 1TB HD's, even that Mac Mini would be
> faster, except on the I/O.

wow. well, as a former owner of a pair of G5 DP's, I know that when
you finally upgrade you'll be happy..

I don't know how much of a factor this would be in holding off on a
Mac Pro, but I've been reading more about new chips with more than 4
cores/per that have either been released, or are about to be, and
that some of them would be intended for, or ideal for use in, Mac Pros.

I have nothing more tangible than that, but as the 2009 Mac Pros are
now some 15 months old, the time might be good to wait and see a bit
longer what Apple might have planned for that platform.

zc