[X4U] Mac Pro fresh updates?

zapcat zapcat at speakeasy.net
Wed Jun 16 20:32:30 PDT 2010

On Jun 16, 2010, at 8:03 PM, Joe Sporleder wrote:

> Thus, the MacPro's ability to configure with up to 8 monitors would
> be useful in this particular scenario.

one thing worth mentioning, especially since you're doing a newsprint
pub...Costco often has 24" monitors for very tame prices...I bought a
24" ViewSonic for $216 and I am happier than a very happy clam with
this monitor.

I don't know your layout software's capabilities, but if you can show
multiple views of your page, why not have them on the same monitor?

Get 2 of those Costco deals, that's $450 or so...less than an apple
or other "pro" monitor, which is ideal since you aren't doing fussy
color correcting.. and most LCD screens these days, if they're a
decent brand, the color is pretty spot-on.

something to consider for those who are penny-conscious.

zc