[X4U] Bad Memory Causing Kernel Panic on Wake?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sun Jun 27 21:34:45 PDT 2010

Bad memory can manifest itself in strange and unpredictable ways.  On
my Rev. 0 G5 2x2 I had to stop using Virtual PC after I added some
"substandard" PC3200 RAM.  The *ONLY* app that has any problem with
the RAM is Virtual PC.  In fact I've sense added 2 more 2GB kits of
the same RAM.  The system has run fine with this memory for years, as
long as I don't try to run VPC.  If I run VPC, I get a kernal panic
in short order.  If I take the RAM out, I can run VPC with no problem.

Zane

| healyzh at aracnet.com              | OpenVMS Enthusiast         |