[X4U] Update under 10.6

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Wed Jun 30 13:53:41 PDT 2010

Come on Paul, you can do better than this!

On 6/30/10, Paul Moortgat <paul.moortgat at pandora.be> wrote s minimal and not
useful response:

> To test 10.6 I installed it and did an upgrade.

How? Which update? Using what? Did you use Software Update? Did you download an
update from <http://support.apple.com/downloads/>  and manually install it?

> After a while I did an upgrade again

Minutes, days, weeks, etc. after the last one?

> but didn't get a list of files to select for upgrade  or not.

Are we supposed to guess that you might be using Software Update? If you just
used it, installed everything that was listed, why would you expect to see the
same things again, if you already installed them? To see what was installed,
click on the Installed Software tab in the Software Update prefPane.

> Where's that list gone?

See above.

> Now it upgrade files even if I like to wait a while for upgrading.

What's IT? If it's Software Update and you don't elect to install any or some
of those that are available (i.e., not already installed), then the next time
you run SU, they'll be listed unless you elected to ignore them. After lauchng
SU, check now for updates, and then select Reset Ignored Updates from the
System Preferences menu, to see any that you've elected to ignore.