[X4U] Missing track numbers in iTunes Library

Kirk McElhearn kirkmc at mac.com
Sat May 29 04:53:03 PDT 2010

On May 29, 2010, at 1:50 PM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

> Oh well, thanks but that's really no help. If I have to put the tracks manually in order first, actually putting in the track names is nothing in comparison. I did purchase the music; this isn't illegal music. But when I ripped my cds onto the computer I didn't have iTunes; this was a few years ago. I'm assuming the track information, while working fine at the time, didn't translate into iTunes.

What did you rip it with? It's possible, though unlikely, that the information didn't transfer correctly, unless you ripped with some odd program. I've ripped with a lot of different programs, and they all store track numbers correctly.

Kirk

Kirkville -- http://www.mcelhearn.com
Writings about more than just Macs