[X4U] Missing track numbers in iTunes Library

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Sun May 30 14:42:57 PDT 2010

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 06:18:53AM CDT, Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a vary large iTunes library. Unfortunately, a lot of the music
> i've added, while showing correctly as far as album and artist and
> even track names, are missing track number information, which of
> course causes songs to be ordered alphabetically by name. It would
> take me forever, even if I did nothing else the rest of my life, to
> fix this. Is there any method I can use in iTunes or any program I can
> acquire that will go through and attempt to find and add the track
> number information?

Try using a dedicated ID3 Tag editor like Musorg and see if the track
number information is correct.  Also, try to make sure that the ID3 tag
version is at least v2.3.

	<http://peippo.eu/main/musorg>

iTunes is good at respecting ID3 tags, as it was one of the earliest
big-name MP3 players that supported it.  If it does not see the track
number info, then something buggy might have happened with the way
abcde(1) tagged your music after the encoding step.

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/