[X4U] Spell Check

Neil lists at mac.com
Fri Oct 22 10:00:25 PDT 2010

For many years I used SpellCatcher or Grammarian to check my spelling and provide suggestions for my mistakes.  That latter feature, the suggestions is a key for me because I often don't know how to spell the word correctly.  I have terrible spelling because I'm dyslexic.  I recently bought an iMac and have found that the Mac OS has a spell checker built-in, but it doesn't offer any suggestions.  Whenever I control-click a flagged word, it just says "no  guesses found."  Is that how it is supposed to work or can this be fixed?

Neil