[X4U] problem copying external HD to external HD

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Sat Sep 18 05:47:44 PDT 2010

Check the console logs . . .you may have a rogue process that is writing a lot of logs . . .could be anything up to and including some sort of security error it's getting. Doesn't really sound like like what though . . .sounds like VM files are just growing since the space comes back on a restart.

Beyond that I don't see anything obvious from your description.

On Sep 18, 2010, at 12:33 AM, Doug Metzler wrote:

> Hello,
> I am trying to consolidate the contents of several smaller external HDs onto
> an external 2T drive and am having a strange "memory leak" sort of problem.
> The process is filling many GBs of the internal drives of the two Macs I have
> tried this with.

There are only three kinds of stress; your basic nuclear stress, cooking stress, and A$$hole stress. The key to their relationship is Jello.

neil