[X4U] Connecting iPad to TV

Neil lists at mac.com
Fri Sep 24 11:44:00 PDT 2010

Is there an easy way to connect an iPad to a old TV set?  I'm taking my wife out of town for a hip replacement surgery and she will be stuck in a hospital and then hotel for a week.  I would like to bring her entertainment.  I have a bunch of videos in .avi format that play on the iPad in VLC but I'll need to connect that to the TV to improve the experience for her.

When she had her other hip replaced I brought a MacBook and a composite video adapter, but I was hoping to leave that behind now that I have an iPad.  Any suggestions?  Thanks,

Neil