[X4U] File recovery from partial accidental overwrite?

Perren Smith perrens at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 15:30:15 PDT 2010

All,

I have a colleague who just sent me an email saying he made a goof. Please read his problem below. Any advice or insight is greatly appreciated!

---
I wanted to ask you for some advice RE data recovery. I have a partition on an external drive with a single folder that I inadvertently pasted a folder of the same name over. I stopped the operation midway as I realized in my sleep deprived stupor what I was doing. What an idiot I am! I tried to use a shareware version of AppleXsoft File Recovery to see if I could recover the folder and contents, but I couldn't quite figure it out. The results of the scan didn't look like the files that I was looking for. Can you recommend the right software for that problem? What are the odds I can recover the folder contents?
---

Thanks in advance,

--Perren