[X4U] Stolen iPhone

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Sat Apr 9 05:56:10 PDT 2011

Was he phone ever registered with FInd my iPhone? that has to be done beforehand IIRC . . .Apple recently released a Find my iPhone app for the iPhone which goes through the registration process.

If it wasn't previously registered and has Find my iPhone checked in Settings -> Account -> Mobile Me -> Find my iPhone then you won't be able to locate it. Likewise . . .if the thief has wiped it or turned it off Find my iPhone won't work either.

iTunes -> Preferences -> Devices will tell you the serial number . . .but that's about it.

On Apr 9, 2011, at 3:45 AM, Roy v.d. Westhuizen wrote:

> Hi folks,
> My wife's iPhone 3 was stolen yesterday—a frequent occurrence in South Africa. She had downloaded the app "Find my Phone". I understand that if you misplace, loose or have a phone stolen, you can connect to the Apple website and trace its GPS co-ordinates. However when she now wants to find it, she enters all her detail like Apple ID and password, but cannot find her serial number or other phone details for the Police to follow up. How can we do this? Can anyone help? An off-list reply would be appreciated.

There are only three kinds of stress; your basic nuclear stress, cooking stress, and A$$hole stress. The key to their relationship is Jello.

neil