[X4U] selling my iPhone

Jim Scott jescott3 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 09:47:55 PDT 2011

On Apr 14, 2011, at 9:37 AM, alexandre wrote:

> anybody?!
>
> On Apr 13, 2011, at 21:52 , alexandre wrote:
>
>> hi
>>
>> i bought an iPhone4 last week and therefore will be selling my trusted (but slow!) 3G.
>>
>> i installed a clean OS on it (actually, i downgraded the OS from 4.2.something to 3.1.something. iOS 4 on a 3G wasn't spectacular in terms of battery lift and speed)
>>
>> is there anything else i need to do so as to make my old data inaccessible?
>>
>> thanks in advance

Nope, you've done all that you can do to protect your data by restoring the iPhone to its original software condition. The only other thing you can do is to remove the SIM card, which still carries your AT&T phone number. But if you do that, then the next owner will have to get a SIM card so he/she can initialize it through iTunes. This is true even if the new owner just wants to use it as a wi-fi enabled iPod Touch. Your call.

Jim