[X4U] Lion: dashboard widget to desktop?

cat soul catsoul at thinkplan.org
Sat Aug 27 16:15:34 PDT 2011

I can't get this to work in Lion, where you "enter dashboard space,"
then click and drag a widget, then press the command to invoke
Dashboard. This "releases" the widget from Dashboard space, so that
you can have it available just like any other program running.

IIRC, it requires having Developer Tools installed. In Lion, I don't
recall there being an option to include that.

At any rate, anyone know how to make this work in Lion? Do I need to
install Snow Leopard's Developer tools?

thanks for any info!

cat