[X4U] Why is my DVD Capacity so small?

John Erdman jperdman at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 11:52:08 PST 2011

Paul -
Perhaps it depends on where you're located on the globe, but the info I have indicates that the +R disks are better for this. I have been successful at making other useful video DVD's with these disks but their file sizes were only about 1 GB, so I never ran into this capacity problem before.

The problem stills stands. Why is there such a discrepancy in capacity advertised vs capacity "measured", and why is it so different between OSX and WinXP OS's?

Tanks for the suggestion,

John