[X4U] Why is my DVD Capacity so small?

John Erdman jperdman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 12:10:59 PST 2011

Hi Nick -   Here's the info you asked about......

> What software are you using to burn the disk?
WinXP - DVD Decrypter;     OS X the DVD burn driver that comes with OS X.

> What amount of time do the files total? If they total more than 2 hours, it will be difficult to cram it on a 4.7GB disk.

Approx 60 minutes ru time

> Is there a way from your software that you can create a disk image first?

I don't know how to do that in WinXP.

> If so, do that and then check to see what size the image is.
I've got a hunch that DVD Decrypter creates a Disk image but I don't know for sure. When it's ready to write there's a single ISO file that get's created. The size is 3.44GB.