[X4U] FaceTime and local networks

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jan 13 15:00:38 PST 2011

On 1/11/10 at 3:25 AM, lstnmt at bresnan.net (Jens Selvig) wrote:

>Is it possible to  use FaceTime within my local area network?
>It would be great to be able to use it sort of as an intercom.
>I guess a corrallary question is will it work between desktop
>computers. During the 'Back to Mac' video all that was
>mentioned was connecting with mobil iOS devices, which leads me
>to speculate that perhaps connecting from one iMac to another
>wouldn't work.
>
>Jens
>

>Jens Selvig
>...Lost in Montana...

>Seven Cent Deals - Great legacy stuff Great Legacy Price
>http://www.drbott.com/prod/db.lasso?cat=Seven+Cent+Deal

Jens,

Why not use iChat for this?

It happily supports bonjour and will work on pretty much
anything that runs OS X 10.2 (IIRC) or better.
--
Regards,

Mark (}-:
+61 (0)4 1927 7198
Skype / AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

Help! Help! He's STILL being held prisoner in a system software
factory! -- Mac System Software